Monday, April 25, 2011

Vintage Dress{ing} Day I








In my recent thrifting excursions I have acquired 3 A~mazing vintage dresses.
Unless you opt to dress in a "period" style, sometimes incorporating vintage into a modern wardrobe can be challenging.
I primarily thrift alone because it is hard to find people that are open to the endless possibilities some items hold.
My problem is, I see the possibilities in too many things when out treasure hunting and need to make sure I only pick up the items I will truly meld into my closet.
This dress and the other two I am going to share with you fit the bill perfectly.

This dress was a no brainer as it oozed "of the moment".
Mid~length?
Check.
Pleats?
Check.
Sultry crossover neckline that embodies that 70's vibe?
Check and Check.

It is so perfect as it is that all it needed was a belt and some great shoes.
And some fun glasses don't hurt either.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! It's a great dress, it really looks amazing on you! Dresses are one of those sections i'm rarely lucky in! can't wait to see the other ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with the shape and the pleats...Love this look...I can see it styled sooo many different ways this spring! Great find, you totally scored...can't wait to see the rest!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress!!! What a lucky find!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great and classic dress. I see you being able to incorporate it into many moods of fashion. I especially love the sass of the belt with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send. Me. This. Dress. ASAP!!! Holy moly that is fabulous and you look fab in it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely STUNNING. This is a beautiful dress and you are beautiful in it. Simply lovely! You have an eye for thrifting...wish I had as much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah I LOOOOVE this!! Going to def try and copycat it in some way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.