Friday, May 6, 2011

Bye Bye Baby


Last Saturday, my daughter and I went to the historic Grenville Hotel in Bay Head, NJ (check out the link and see some of the famous people that have lived/currently live here!) for a mother~daughter afternoon tea.



We had gone shopping the night before for a pretty, spring~ish dress and some "ultra~cool" footwear for her to wear.




She insisted on bringing a purse stuffed with a keychain of random keys and 2 defunct cell phones.


We sat with one of her besties and her mom.
I watched her interacting with her friend and couldn't help but think of how grown up she has become.


It seems like only yesterday when she would cat nap in her carseat.


Or lost her first tooth.


Would get "big girl" haircuts at Mommy's salon.
Where has the time gone?

Then on Monday, she went to a spa after school with her Girl Scout Troop.
They had their hair and nails done and got a massage.
(YES, I was J~E~A~L~O~U~S!)
When I picked her up on my way home from work, she asked if we could go out to dinner since she was all "done up".
We called Daddy but he said he was too tired after a long day at the office so we picked up and dropped him off some take out and we headed over to her favorite (and certainly not mine!) eatery.
As we sat together eating I couldn't help but notice how grown up she looks.
The jewelry and clothing she is wearing every day is constantly evolving.
What happened to my little baby?
That little baby face is fading away faster than I would like to admit.
Even our conversations have taken a much more grown up turn.
She wants to talk about boys and tells me how she wishes she had a boyfriend!
(YES, that freaks me out!)
And as proud as I am of the young woman she is becoming, I am more than a little saddened by the loss of such precious years.



Of course, she has moments like this that remind me she still is only 8.
And if she keeps this up, she may never get that boyfriend and that is just FINE with me!

7 comments:

  1. love your blog!!

    www.thesinuouselegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww she is adorable, 8-10 is like the best age before they turn into teenagers hahaha I gave my dad a lot of grief back in those days :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG E...I love these pics! It's amazing how fast they grow up. I love that you guys had high tea...I'm taking my mama for tea tomorrow, so fun!! Wishing you an amazing Mother's day weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness...this made me teary! I feel the same way about my soon-to-be 8 year old daughter. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. I cannot even imagine how crazy it must be to see your child do so many adult things. I am still in the beginning, but even now, I am realizing how quickly it all goes by.

    Your daughter is so beautiful and I am so glad you shared this personal post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a magnificent day!!! what a magnificent girl and she has style! above all that she can be funny. the hotel looks like a very big mansion!!!

    Oh and thanks again for the compliment!! they are always the best and they make my day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only wish I could have been there with you.
    Sending all my love.
    Mom, Nanny

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.