Friday, May 20, 2011

The Little Things Count

No matter what your budget, you can give your home personalized flair in such little ways.
 Writing this series made me look around and take notice of the small scale things that give my home personality.

Bottles of Pellegrino lined up like soldiers in my barware cabinet behind the glass doors add a chic and tasteful touch!

Use your liquor as a decorative element!
As you can see by the almost empty bottles we use ours as more than just a decorative element...

This gorgeous blue shell from Homegoods cost me only $9.99 last weekend...

I print pictures I take of our family in black and white and add then to my hallway gallery...there is something about black and white photos that I adore.
Each one seems to tell it's own story...

I have had this bedding in our master bedroom for almost 6 years and I still love it as much today as I did the day I ordered it.
This season I added the navy floral pillows for an easy little update.

Two new pillow covers are a minimal cost to add such a new vibe to my room!

I am certainly no professional interior designer.
But I know what I like...
And I know what works for me.
And after many, many years out in this world on my own I know this:
There is no place like home.




5 comments:

  1. love the bed. looks super comfy.

    also loving the david gray music to accompany your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please come to my house and help me?! I'm terrible with the "finishing touches" that really turn a house into a home. I am ashamed to have people over (well partly because I don't want to clean up after them either!) because I can't decorate to save my life! Most of our walls are still bare and we don't even have a rug for our living room yet (or end tables, or real curtains ...) Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. You're coming over to my house when I get one and decorating it.

    I love the corks in the jars! I may have to steal that idea, but seeing as how I'm the only person who drinks wine in my place, it would take a looooong time for me to amass enough to put into a jar. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about color these days. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you mixed patterns. Really cool detail!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.