Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boston, Day Two

Saturday morning we slept in until about 8am which is completely unheard of this household.
For me anyway.
After a big breakfast at the hotel we headed out to Newbury street.
All I can say is that my wallet was thumping in my clutch....the shops....the shops!
The most divine shopping in such quaint storefronts...the perfect way to shop in my opinion.
Fortunately for our bank account and my husband's sanity we just walked down the street.
I did not go in a single shop.

We met up with the Stanley Cup Parade along our travels and stopped to soak in the festivities.
Although we are tried and true Devils fans, it was exhilirating to see so many people celebrating their team.
We found ourselves all caught up in the moment!



My daughter insisted on wearing the same outfit from the night before.
After some arguing I gave in.
She's only 8.
She'll learn.

The Stanley Cup!

Family photo in the throngs of fans.

Off we went headed to the North End of the city.
Where else in the US do you see this?
Historic buildings nestled in the midst of today's world?
Amazing.


Gorgeous architecture and cobbled streets...I have fallen in love with this city.

Mr. Paul Revere
To see the places our forefathers walked was incredible.
I haven't felt such a sense of history since my visit to London.
And that was a loooong time ago!

I swooned for this staircase in Old North Church.

Creepy sign because that is the same name my father and brother share.
First name and middle...Johnston is an old family name on my father's side.

We took the tour of the Old North which brought us up to the bell tower where a 15 yr old Paul Revere rang those very bells.
Then it was down to the crypts that freaked my daughter out ~ she couldn't wait to get out of there!
I on the other hand took tons of photos...I was hoping for some "orbs" in them.
Alas, they all came out "orbless".

Up the street to Copp's Hill Burying Ground.

Stopped for ice cream and to milk a cow at Emack & Bolio's Ice Cream.
Delicious!

We were headed towards the USS Constitution.
A VERY long walk.

See?
THAT'S the city there.
We walked all that way.


The children were not amused when I suggested we reenact Pirates of the Caribbean while on Old Ironsides.
They were mortified when I declared I would play Elizabeth Swan.
Sometimes they are no fun.

After about 8 hours of walking, we hopped the subway back to our hotel where we ate way too much Mexican food way too late at night along with some ice cold beer.
A perfect way to end a perfect day.


9 comments:

  1. If you happen to go to the North End, stop by Regina's Pizza place for great pizza (it's a small place and always packed though)and of course dessert at Mike's pastry. Yum!! Sounds like you're having a great time. My sister lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys really trekked all over Boston! And I second Nancy's Regina's Pizza suggestion. Ridiculously good! And ahhh, I miss Newbury Street. It really makes shopping an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics but can we just talk about how hot you look for a minute!? That outfit is pure amazing-ness! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving these posts. Boston is so on my list of places to go and now I feel like I've almost been. What a gorgeous family you have. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved the family picture:) You have such a pretty family:) And that staircase.. heaven!:o

    xoxo
    Farah from FashionFabrice

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are SUCH awesome shots girl! Love them all.
    You look so casual chic in your army green vest...and the family couldn't be more gorg!!! Your son is so TALL!!!
    Looking forward to getting together soon.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful blog!! I found it very informative and refreshing.

    I wanted to know if you are interested in taking this amazing blog to the next level.
    Tech Globe is a leading web design and development company that can help blogs in the following two ways:

    1. We can help you in designing a website customized as per your needs which will be:

    a) A more effective and user friendly medium to post information than a blog.
    b) We will also provide you with domain name registration, domain hosting followed by website design and development.

    2. We can also design customized blog templates to give your blog that well deserved new look!

    Our USP:

    - Payment only on completion of the project, after your approval.
    - There are absolutely no hidden fees involved.

    We also offer obligation free customized design options for your new website/blog template, to help you get an idea of our amazing designs and how they will help your blog.

    In case you are interested, do feel free to email me at sales@tech-globe.com or you can also fill up our online enquiry form here http://www.tech-globe.com/contact.php.

    I love your posts, keep up the great work!

    Warm Regards,
    Natasha
    Sales Manager
    Tech Globe

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.