Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Virginia


Last Friday we jetted off to Northern Virginia for the weekend in order to celebrate my sweet niece Sophie's 1st Birthday.




My little family stayed at my sister and brother in laws along with my 2 brothers and my mom.
It was even more fun than I had imagined ~ a true slumber party!
There is nothing like spending time with the people we love most.
It brings you back to all the things that are really important in this life.


Who could be stressed spending time with such a gorgeous little girl like my niece Vera.
That smile, her laughter....makes the frustrating things in life...well, less frustrating.


Meeting my cousin Kathryn's son Peter for the first time was amazing.
I feel like I have been like an honorary big sister to her and her 3 siblings.
I have traveled around the world with them, watched them grow from the day they were born.
To hold her beautiful son in my arms felt incredible!
(It was Peter's 1 month birthday!)


And seeing my favorite Aunt with her firstborn grandchild?
I don't have the words....


I got to see my daddy.


My Pop Pop.
Who will be celebrating his 90th birthday in a few short weeks!


And spending time with the 3 people I could never live without.
Who, unfortunately take the brunt of my stresses and patiently endure this crazy life we live.
I love them more than anything and hope they know it.

10 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos! What a wonderful weekend. Good to see you get in some baby practice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious!! Looks like such a fun day.
    Xx

    http://bornandbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love all the pictures and the mask photo op is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartwarming post!!!! You have a gorgeous family! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you would be coming down to NoVa so soon. I would have definitely met up with. Maybe next time. You have a beautiful family. You are very lucky>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each photo really captures the love and happiness! It looks like you had a wonderful time. You look amazing too and I am glad you got a chance to have some good quality family time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww...i love seeing photos of you with your family. looks (and sounds) like you had a great time. your niece is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was an absolute blast!! And that niece of your is just delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pics!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do I start...the babies are ADORABLE..I jsut wanna reach in the photos and squeeze them. Your Pop is 90 years old...OMG!! That is amazing- you are so lucky.
    And then last...I am from NOVA...wondered where exactly you were? I grew up in Fairfax...actually heading to DC this weekend for a wedding...can't wait- love that city.
    Looking forward ot getting together...I can't remember when we said again...next week? or the week after???
    C

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.