Thursday, July 7, 2011

Born on the 4th of July

On Saturday evening my husband, daughter and I jetted off to Virginia to join in the (already started) holiday weekend festivities.
We had all gathered together mainly to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday, but as an added bonus we got to welcome home my cousin, who just finished her deployment to Afghanistan and was home for the first time.


Truly a time of celebration!
Albeit an emotional one!
My cousin and her fiancee are still both stationed overseas and it has been way too long since we have seen each other.

Back to the birthday boy and patriarch of our family!


Who received many birthday wishes...

Danced with his daughters...



And even I (as eldest grandchild!) got a dance in too!


3 of his Great~Grandaughters were there...

And my talented sister made the gorgeous cake!

I got to spend more time with my delicious nieces...

And my best girl too!

Hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend...



7 comments:

  1. Your grandfather looks AWESOME! Happy Birthday to HIM!

    Sounds like a fabulous celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos! A big happy birthday to your grandfather. That's really special. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a wonderful day. The pics of Dad with the 3 beautiful Great Granddaughters is fabulous!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pictures are insane, how fabulous to see a happy family, there is no better way to celebrate a birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. It usually drives me crazy when people post personal pix to a fashion blog, but girl, yours are awesome. Great entry. Makes me feel like I was there. What a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe your grandfather is 90!! OMG!!! He looks incredible and full of life- you are so lucky.
    We just celebrated my husbands grandmothers 80th this weekend...she is the youngest 80 year old I know...we had a luncheon for her at this new rest in Point on the inlet, called Shipwreck and it was delicious eats..if you ever come this way.
    Hoping we can get together sometime soon:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special gathering -- so wonderful that everyone was able to join together to celebrate your grandfather. I saw my 87-year-old grandparents a few weeks ago (they made the trip from CA to NYC -- crazy, right???), and it was such a treat to spend some time with them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.