Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday ~ 4 Days & Counting

Life has been a bit of a roller coaster the past week.
I gave 2 weeks notice at work so this is my last week and Saturday is my last official day employed.
There are days when I feel confident that I made the best decision ever~
And then there are the days when The Fear hits and the inner turmoil begins.
Did I make the right decision?
Yes~ I know I did...even hubby agrees...but to leave a healthy salary behind for NOTHING...sheesh...what was I thinking???

I have been on some job interviews and as I sit there with a smile plastered on my face my mind is racing thinking,
"I don't want to do this job anymore!"
"Blah, blah,blah...it will be the same anywhere else I go!"
I'm burnt out.

If you follow me on Twitter, you know I was in NYC on Friday talking to an amazing company about a position in NJ, but due to my qualifications, they would want me in Manhattan.
While the thought of working in the city is exciting (wasn't that where I always thought I belonged?), adding what would end up being about 3 hours of commuting a day to my mentally exhausted self is a recipe for disaster.
We discussed relocation options which are also exceptionally appealing especially since there is opportunity in places I adore like Ireland and places I have always wanted to go like Scotland.
But, is uprooting my family the answer right now?
Not sure.
So I'm going to sleep on that one for the time being because I firmly believe that if it is meant for us to relocate    the position will still be there if and when we decide.
What's meant to be shall be.

On another note, I'm proud to say I returned all the things in my previous blog post and then some.
It's amazing how sensible I can be.
Each of these last days surrounded by multitudes of brand new merchandise coming in the door faster than you can say "Credit Card"  is challenging but I have remained strong even though I know I will no longer get 40% or more off of clothing....
And that friends, might be scarier then not earning that paycheck!
;)



7 comments:

  1. You're right. If it's meant to be, it meant to be. And if your qualifications earned you such a job offer right out of the gate, I bet they earn you more!

    The discount thing would kill me, too! Paying regular price when you know what you use to pay is awful, isn't it??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is meant to be shall be is very true!I am sure you have made the right choices.The job situation in Ireland is very bad at the moment.All our young graduates are emigrating!Hope it improves!Have a good week.
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've obviously got great qualifications and are amazing at what you do, I think they'll always be a good job waiting for you.

    Enjoy the time and reclaim yourself back. Relax and do all those other things you wanted to do. Find your happiness.

    If all else fails, there's a nanny job going in Sydney ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say wait and the right thing will appear without a 3 hr or inter-continental commute!

    Coming from someone who makes a 4 hour round trip commute 2/week

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll know what to do when the time is right. Meanwhile, enjoy the quiet time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i had to relocate to manhattan for a job!! i lived in ireland for a semester abroad and it was amazing--i've often thought about moving back there for a while. same with scotland--edinburgh is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary and amazing to have so many options. I agree with Pamela "if your qualifications earned you such a job offer right out of the gate, I bet they earn you more!" You are amazing and worth every penny and more...and worth getting your dream job.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.