Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's Old Is New







In The Great Closet/Attic Cleanout of 2011 (it deserves a grand title as it is almost done and I have been at it since Monday!) I discovered a linen dust bag in the very corner of the closet I keep all my handbags in.
Inside of that dust bag was this gem of an Italian leather purse I purchased oh, let's say about a decade ago.
It is made by Guia's a purveyor of fine Italian leather handbags for almost 50 years.
Since it has had minimal usage, it is absolutely pristine.
As I slipped the bag off of it, I knew instantly that the ladylike lines, rich cranberry color and the way it sits just right on my forearm (my favorite spot to carry a bag!) would determine it to be my "IT" bag of this season.
I could pat my decade younger self on the back for making such a wise investment.

On another note, this is what I wore to the grocery today.
It defines everything I am craving right now and have edited my wardrobe down to.
Crisp, clean basics with a little shimmer ( the gold glitter flats), a little utility (the cargo vest) and a subtle pop of red (amazing lip stain from Sephora).
These are the things that still have a home here.

vest & button up: jcrew
jeans & flats: express
handbag: guia's
bracelet: limited


10 comments:

  1. I love the bag Eleanor!It is always great when you rediscover something in your closet!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing!! i love your vest and great photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfit, i love the vest with the whote shirt so cool!I am a new follower, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome find!!! That bag is exactly the punch of colour I've been craving for my outfits lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad we couldn't get together this week..and it looks like next week is proving to be AS chaotic..I am shopping on Monday with another personal shopper from up north (sort of business I suppose) and tues and wed I will be in Philly getting Condo ready for guests next weekend. I am around Thursday...I can't remember if you were?? LMK.
    As for the bag...GENIUS self from 10 years ago..that color is SO HOT right now. And I am feeling your crisp clean look here!! Dead on.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful look! So understated but yet chic and elegant! Love love LOVE the bag! Your so pretty!!


    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jacket really suits you,the color is almost a perfection for you,
    romwe streetfashion blog,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous handbag! You look fabulous in your outfit (and well-rested, I might add).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.