Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Finders Keepers


There are finds.
And then there are FINDS.


The kind that deserve to be regarded in all capital, bold italics.
Like the Fendi and LV bags I've uncovered in the sea of pleather and garish bags that permeate the local thrift stores. 


In the decades I have been thrifting, I have slowly trained my eye to detect the treasure among the trash.
I am no professional, and after many, many years of redonating purchases that were so very wrong, I made a few decisions.


I limit myself to only purchasing the obscure, or the impossibly fabulous.
A true blue vintage gem will always have room in my closet, where the polyester tops that populate the racks like baby rabbits in a meadow (that fabric is so indestructible ~ these tops will be around forever!) are barely even glanced over.

Experience makes us wiser in so many ways.
Wise enough to know when I spotted this maxi dress yesterday that it had to come home with me.

maxi dress: vintage, thrifted (made me squeal with delight and call my sister from the parking lot!)
necklace: express
sunglasses: adrienne vittadini
ring: vintage heirloom

12 comments:

  1. How do you say F A B U L O U S????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great eye! Would love to go thrifting with you!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please move to Sydney and become my nanny/stylist?? I'll pay you in wine and good conversation. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore that dress E!! So fab with the statement necklaces....xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty necklace!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is most definitely a FIND! What a great score! And the Express necklace goes with it perfect.

    Lately, I've been lucky with furniture finds from the thrift store. It's really helping me to decorate my new place without spending a boatloat of $$ on furnishings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely dress. Like your location for your shoots too. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.