Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Investing


Surprise, surprise...it's raining again here.
I took a run this morning to my one of my favorite places on earth, Pottery Barn. 
It was the last day of  their friends and family discount and a wonderful blogger (who I love to pieces ~ you know who you are and thanks ever so much again!) mailed me a coupon!
Hubby and I have been in there quite a few times recently wandering around looking for a way to spend the rewards we earned for buying our new sofa
We don't need another piece of furniture, rug, mirror or other big ticket item.
Of course, could find a way to use it up on the things I love best like dishes, serveware etc.
But who wants to waste it away?



After much deliberation and knowing I could combine it with the 20% F&F deal, I decided to use it on new bedding for our bedroom.
I bought our last duvet, shams and toss pillows from Pottery Barn about 7 years ago and they are just now starting to show some well earned wear and tear.
Seven years ago the children were only 10 & 2 ~ young enough to reak havoc on everything.
For the past year, our adorable, little Brussels Griffon has made our bed her bed and honestly I don't mind the extra laundering since she is just so darn snuggly at night. 
Point being, Pottery Barn might not have the most inexpensive bedding out there, but it is well worth the price.
Everything is always easy to care for and launder at home.
To me, I look at it as an investment of sorts.
You might spend a little more, but when something lasts a long time it is well worth it.


Like these boots I am wearing today.
I was strolling through Marshall's with my mom a long, long time ago when I spotted them.
Coach boots for what seemed like a song.
I grabbed these and another pair in brown suede.
Mom was shocked that I was splashing out on two pairs when one pair alone seemed like a splurge.
"Mom, I know it seems like a lot, but I will have these boots forever!"
And I have.

Have you made an investment in something that you know will stand the test of time?

sweater & jeans: express
tee: gap
necklaces: (2 sep.) express
boots: coach
ring: limited
umbrella: jcrew

9 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and the boots look great!I am still searching for the perfect black pair. I did invest in a great Malene Birger coat for my daughters communion which I love:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those boots! I need a pair like this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures. I adore the cardigan! Great post. Now following your blog.

    I would love if you could stop by my blog and check out my JewelMint photo shoot. I would love to know what you think!

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing shopping haul at PB!!! I believe you get what you pay for. There are some things that can be more "disposable" and not worth spending a ton of money, but things you know you will stand the test of time are worth spending the extra dollars and getting something quality made. I bought my buffet from Restoration Hardware many years ago now. The dovetail joints and solid wood construction ensure that it's something that will only get better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use PB rewards. Don't they have the most beautiful bedding? I asked for a set of the PB Bonsai tree bedding for Christmas a few years ago, and love how soft and wrinkle-resistent the sheets are.

    Hmm...In terms of investing...I splurged on a purple taffeta Burberry trench coat a few years ago. It was 40% off, so the price was decent for Burberry (that's a huge qualifier). Now I just have to make sure I can fit into it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pottery Barn has such great stuff. I love your boots! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and great! please como to see my blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boots but what I am REALLY digging is the cardigan..so warm and cozy perfect for this rainy weather.
    C

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.