Thursday, October 6, 2011

This and That


In less than 12 hours my little gal and I will be off on a road trip for a long weekend of wedding festivities.
She is a flower girl, and starting tomorrow afternoon the two of us will be whisked from event to event, winding down to Sunday evening when the wedding actually takes place.


I spent today ironing and taking care of all the last minute details that must be tended to before one embarks on a mini getaway.
The last thing on the agenda is to pack my own suitcase.
That has proven to be the hardest of all.


I am having one of those awful weeks where nothing fits right, feels comfortable, and everytime I look in the mirror I shudder.


We all have those don't we?


While I know this weekend will be nothing short of amazing, I just wish I felt better.
Because feeling your best makes all the difference.

Here are some snippets of the final outfits to make the cut.
Take a look at that little black one shouldered dress. 
The fact that I have to squeeze into by Sunday night is a little daunting...but I'll look on the bright side...I have almost 3 days before it goes on!

Have a fabulous weekend ~ 
Mine will be filled with laughter, love, excitement, and I'm sure some tears.
And hopefully not from putting that dress on!

P.S. Welcome to all my newest followers!
There's quite a few of you!
It is heart warming and humbling that you would choose to follow this humble blog in the vast sea of them.
Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Hey lady. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time at the wedding, dress and all. Sorry I'll get to miss meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful weekend at the wedding! I am sure you will look amazing:) Your daughter must be so excited to be flowergirl!! Hope you take lots of lovely photos:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing weekend! It's crummy that you don't feel your best ( I know it always throws a wrench in my best aid plans ) but I imagine that by the time you get there you will be swept up in the festivities and wont even notice! Also, I am drooling over your yellow sweater

    Also, make sure you enter my vintage timepiece giveaway before you leave!
    (The giveaway closes on Monday and I want to make sure my readers get a chance to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have so much fun on your getaway! You will look fabulous with all these wonderful things. Love the shoes :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it's going to be a lovely weekend for you! :o)

    All of the pieces you've shown in this post look really awesome! :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so so much fun at the wedding, I adore all of those shoes <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a lovely weekend, and I'm sure the black dress will look absolutely STUNNING on you! And your other outfits look like great choices as well -- love the leopard and checkered prints that you've mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE your loafers. i'm sure you'll have a great time at the wedding--just dance your cares away :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm addicted to shoes..... love the first pic!!

    ps. step by my blogs if you like!
    Viaggio Della Farfalla
    The Key Item

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.