Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wedding Weekend


Early Friday morning, my daughter and I hopped in the car and drove to Northern Virginia to start a weekend of wedding festivities.
Friday was the bridal shower since the bride and groom live in Europe and had just arrived home that very week!
She was showered with love and beautiful gifts.
My extremely talented sister baked all of these mini wedding cakes from scratch.
They tasted as good as they look!

My daughter was asked to be a flower girl, so Saturday we headed over to an incredibly gorgeous venue, 
Belmont Country Club in Ashburn, Virginia.
A historic mansion that brings you back to "Old Virginia", a time of gentility and classic equestrianism.





Belmont has been impeccably restored and maintained.
It is truly breathtaking and one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.
Saturday evening everyone gathered for a heartwarming dinner to celebrate the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. giving the families time to meet and reconnect in a casual setting.

Sunday afternoon, my little flower girl and I headed over so she could meet up with the rest of the bridal party who had been there prepping for hours.
Hair and makeup were winding down and it was almost showtime!

the stunning bride and the aunt i adore

the awe inspiring bridal suite

the dress that took my breath away ~ simple, yet so elegant

my sweet,sweet flower girl

in awe of the gorgeous bride

a spectacular view from every angle

my grandfather

my girl

tissue time!

not a dry eye in the house...

sending them off in style

Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs.
We love them to pieces and wish them a lifetime of happiness!


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bride, wedding...flower girl!!!
    Love the snapshots..hope you had an amazing time..and lets try to get together..

    OH, whats going on with jobsearch? or are you not searching yet? I ask because I would love to have you help me with a fashion show I have coming up in November...paid of course...Need help with day of model coordination and thought it might be a fun day away from life for you??? Its a trump Bedminster...email me ...I will give you deets...it would be FUN!!!! nudge nudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about that wedding was so beautiful and classy!

    Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding and day! The setting looks so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. Hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I loved sharing the weekend with you through those pix. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an incredible venue!! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a gorgeous wedding--whenever i see beautiful weddings it makes me want to be a wedding planner :p

    vermont really is the best place in the country to live (in my opinion), although i grew up here so i'm not sure i'm ready to be back for good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blog and this nice pics!
    I follow you .. do you follow me?

    Like this

    kiss
    Erika
    www.myfreechoice.net

    ps congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love a good wedding and this looked wonderful in every way. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wedding photos look stunning. She was a beautiful bride and the venue looks amazing:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.