Monday, November 7, 2011

Forever & Ever & Ever & Ever...


Let me let you in on a little secret.
I am sick of jeans.


After spending 13 years in "business casual" attire it surprisingly only took 1 1/2 years of  unbridled jean wearing to make me say I'm over it.
I spent a lot of time wistfully dreaming of wearing jeans to my little hearts content...and I never thought you would catch me saying this out loud.
But then again, I am always surprising myself. 


While the tights and trousers now have their fair chance of seeing the light of day, there is one piece of denim I can never live without.
Denim I could wear almost every single day of my life and I doubt I would tire of it.
Can you guess what that denim item could be???


If you're thinking jean jacket then you are 100% right.
The most versatile topper that seemingly matches with just about anything and everything is the one item I could never be without.
I have owned one in some shape or form since the 80's where the ubiquitous Gap ones were all the rage.
Back then, if yours didn't come from The Gap, then surely it was from Esprit or Benetton, right?


And here we are today, many years later, with the newest incarnations of the staple surrounding us.
It is an item that defies any genre that people fit in.
Preppy, punk, or hipster...anyone can pull off a denim jacket.
Sometimes it is just that finishing touch an outfit needs.
I prefer mine with the collar "popped"...never down!
My sleeves are pretty much in this permanent cuff position for the rest of their life.
This one has been around since 2005 and last spring I thrifted another whose sleeves I promptly cut off.
Because the only thing cooler than a denim jacket could be a denim vest, right???

How do you feel about the jean jacket? Are you like me and consider it a "must have"?

jean jacket: yuka jeans
puffer vest: jcrew
dress: old ny&co
layering tee: jcrew
scarf: express men's
tights: express
boots: style&co
bag: coach
sunglasses: banana republic

12 comments:

  1. I remember having a Gap jean jacket in fourth or fifth grade and loving it. I wore it as often as my mom would let me. These days, I have a cropped denim swing coat in my closet. The silhouette isn't classic jean jacket, but it certainly is a closet MVP for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eleanor! Thanks for the lovely comments:) I actually bought a dark denim jacket last year and never wore it. I might try it with boots and a skirt. You look fab as always!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the non-jean look with the jean jacket! Such a fun twist :)
    Xox <3 An
    (although your sick of jeans...in case you change your mind! lol) Enter my giveaway for a pair of Buffalo Skinny Jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look on other people!! So I bought one last year and it's just been sitting in my closet. Today was the first time I wore it & liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been feeling these utilitarian vests lately, so this is right up my current obsession path. I get so tired of jeans, too. Sometimes, you just need a break!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been loving jean jackets paired with dressier skirts! and all the layers here are FANTASTIC!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I just discovered your blog and really like it. Think you have great style and am following now! Definitely a new fan! You are very inspiring
    Pop up by my page when you get a chance xoxo Tamara
    www.theglamandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the denim jacket with the skirt and tights...a very nice change from denim in the bottom!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. I was thinking denim panties.
    You're sick if jeans?! That's it, we're in a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WORK IT GIRL. you look AMAZING. and i totally agree, I couldn't live without my jean jacket, where as actual jeans, rarely make an appearance out of my closet. great post. thanks for sharing love. I've got a new outfit post. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! and I totally want your bag! I love my denim jacket as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is super cute and will be going in my inspiration folder.

    p.s. love your hair!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.