Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Early Bird...







Is there a such thing as too much sleep?
Yes, there is!
Since I have been home I have averaged anywhere from 6-10 hours a night. A far cry from coming home from work at 1am and being in the car by 6am to go back.
Ironically, I function best on 5-7 hours. Anymore than that makes me feel pretty sluggish. I might possibly be the biggest morning person you ever met. I prefer to get up anywhere between 4 and 5 am and consider sleeping past 6am "sleeping in"! In order for me to start my day off on the right foot, the formula should look like this:
~Rise by 5:30am the latest
~Make coffee, empty dishwasher, do laundry (if necessary)
~Drink coffee while ironing hubby's work clothes and making lunches for school/work
~Make beds and tidy up the house
~Do Pilates, Yoga or a Jillian Michael's DVD while daughter is dressing for school
~Take dogs with us as we walk to school then take them the longer way back home
~Shower & dress
~Out the door for any errand running by 10am.

If the morning looks like this, then I am generally in high spirits for the rest of the day. I am a total creature of habit and if I can do the same routine again and again it makes me happy.
If the day does not start off like that, there is a good chance I will be mildly to severely irritated for the duration. 
Now, don't get me wrong....before you go thinking I am some Martha Stewart programmed robot or a Small Wonder (remember that show?) I must admit that I do have a witching hour. 
Just after 9pm I lose all patience if pestered and am generally wanting to crawl into bed and fall asleep to House Hunters. (I never find out which house they picked!).

The early bird catches the worm and if she misses the worm then she lets the world know it!

Speaking of birds, this dress has been in the purge pile off and on for the past few months. It is from F21 so it's one I could part with and never feel much sorrow. Yet, there is something about it that has me unable to break with it. I pulled it out this morning and the soft cotton and easy fit just screamed "Wear me!". I ran errands and had appointments all day and as far as I am concerned it was a good choice!

Do you have a morning routine you hate to break with? 

dress: f21(last fall)
turtleneck: max studio (old)
tights: express
boots: coach (old)
denim jacket: yuka jeans (old)
earrings: jcrew 
glasses: express

5 comments:

  1. Loving this look!
    I'm not a real early bird. Lil & Clint both like to get up at 5.30am, Luc and I are more like 7.30am. I do prefer mornings though!
    My routine at the moment it rush around and get girls organised before D wakes up and has to be fed. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely a morning person! Here I am already on the "reading blogs" portion of my morning and it's barely past 6:30 a.m. My boyfriend always asks me what time he should set the alarm for, and I always reply, "Whenever. I'll be up before it goes off anyway."

    I've always been like this! No more than 7 hours of sleep for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've become a morning person the past 10 years and tend to sleep around 11:00 pm or earlier. Lately, my body gets up around 6:30 no matter how tired I am and how late I want to sleep in. I need 7-8 hours of sleep to function. Any more or less, then I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is "mom on the go" perfection...LOVE the look...you can't part with it..too fabulous:) And the denim jacket..LOVE..I am SO on the hunt for a great denim jacket this spring..(so of course I have to start looking now, lol)
    Hope all is well...and you have a fab weekend,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be an early bird but that has definitely changed...getting up is becoming increasingly harder! Oy.

    Love love love that dress...and pairing it with tights and denim jacket? Brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.