Friday, January 27, 2012

To Be Inspired


The computer does little to inspire me lately and yet I find myself wasting hours of each day sitting in front it.  I flit from website to website, email account to email account as if I am waiting for something amazing to magically appear. The next thing I know, I'm scrolling through Facebook looking up crushes from junior high generally aghast at how badly some people age and wondering how the cutest little boys can grow into some of the homeliest older men.
Certainly I draw inspiration from the blogs I read on a daily basis, but lately my reader hasn't been filling up as fast as it usually does. I couldn't even count on both hands how many bloggers let out a sigh of "TGIF!" in their posts this morning and lamented on how long this past week seemed. I agree. Perhaps we are all suffering from a case of the January doldrums. Except the Aussies who are reveling in summer glory down there in that perfect world they call Oz....but I'm not bitter...
I find I am most inspired when I am puttering around the house keeping busy. Folding wash, dusting and swiffering the floors are tasks that have me reaching for my notebook again and again as I rapidly scribble in a veritable downpour of  thoughts and ideas. Sometimes just the tumble of the dryer sets my brain in motion. Heading outdoors and riding my bike under endless skies with lungs bursting full of cold, crisp air is most times the only motivation I need. But this animated box in front of me? Not so much lately.
So excuse me while I power down for the weekend and live in the moment rather than cyberspace. I have an evening planned with some of the nearest and dearest to me in which we will be making homemade pizzas and drinking plenty of wine all while basking in the sheer pleasure of each other's company. Tomorrow I fully intend to inhale plenty of that cold, crisp air outside and savor every minute I have my husband and children home with me. Because if I take the time to do all of that, I'll be back here Monday full of the spark and motivation this past week was sorely missing.
Happy Weekending Everyone! 

chambray button up: jcrew
tee: gap
skirt: ny&co
tights and ring: limited
earrings: vintage, thrifted

17 comments:

  1. Have a lovely weekend Eleanor! I think I will take time out, away from the computer as well until Monday! Hopefully I will be feeling more inspired again next week. Enjoy the wine and pizza!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely weekend - just booked to go to Berlin so something in the future to look forward to.... Jan is one of those months. Love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful week end!
    Nice skirt!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your jacket! You look amazing :)

    follow me :)
    www.amazinglybe-au-tiful.blogspot.com

    xox,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great just came across your blog it's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always troll around the internet waiting for something amazing to happen too. Then I feel guilty thinking I should MAKE something amazing happen.

    Then...I realize I have no idea what that is...

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post Eleanor!! I thinks it's kind of a relief to find that your junior high crush didn't turn out to be the most handsome looking man alive. Especially when he was someone you were too nervous to talk to. On the other hand if someone was to look you up I'm sure he would regret not asking you out!! You look beautiful in the stripped mini skirt. I love it with the denim shirt. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE YOUR BLOG!! IF YOU WANT FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW YOU BACK <3
    XOXO
    A_C'EST MOI
    LAMODEOUICESTMOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    nice outfit and nice face :)

    Love your blog a lot
    wish you success

    WWW.TAA.GE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your weekend...it sounds perfectly lovely. I know what you mean about the January blahs. Most days I would prefer sitting in my jammies, cuddling our two Chihuahua puppies. Cute, cute outfit...

    ReplyDelete
  11. January doldrums are always the worst.. keep your chin up, get outside, and you'll be plenty inspired again before you know it! Love your top.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do the exact same thing! Just clicking from one page in my browser to the next, over and over. I have found that by opening my tada list (they are free online to do lists you can make) that as I am hopping from screen to screen it stops me. I stop and see all the crap I should be doing, and usually start doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a wonderful outfit!

    http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful outfit!!!!!amazing blog!!!i'm following you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Homemade pizza nights are the BEST nights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. good for you. this uninspired attitude has been me for the last several months. uninspired AND working full time AND busy...means no posts. or a lack thereof. but you know what? even when i do have time...i've been choosing to spend it with my kids and the mister. or just lounging around the house with a good book or a fun bravo marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.