Monday, February 27, 2012

Back To The Grind

The past few days went by in a blur and today it's back to the grind!
Remember this picture and how I complained that now that I love my living room so much that the contrast of the halls and foyer was bugging me?


Well...no more!




The husband and I spent the weekend painting to remedy my discontent. It was a lot to take on 2 days before returning to work, but I work best under pressure and now we're talking! Everything flows and I am in love with the whole look. The color is called Polished Silver and definitely delivers the pop I was looking for. All of our hallway and foyer accents, as well as our front door are black and it is the perfect back ground color.

Before and after: What do you think?


I can't believe this day is finally here and after 5 full months at home it's back to work for this girl!
Have a great day!


18 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first day. Let us know all about it!! I can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your first day back to work. I'm excited to hear about and more importantly, to see what you chose to wear! ha ha!

    I love the new paint and the flow it creates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This post should cover it minus head to toe shots!

      Delete
  3. oh eleanor what a difference! i absolutely love it. it looks like it is a picture straight out of an old restoration hardware catalog. those were the best! very, very polished and yet warm at the same time. good luck on your first day back to work.
    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet, I loved the old Resto catalogs too!!! I worked for a furniture/design house years ago when Resto was the hottest thing.
      Thank you so much for your well wishing!

      Delete
  4. I am amazed!! You are so good at this stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Let's see...you help me lose weight and I'll come over and help you decorate that new house! Deal?

      Delete
  5. i love it! your home looks so beautiful! house tour, please!! and good luck back to work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige!
      Hmmm...a house tour is definitely something to consider!

      Delete
  6. Love the new color. And every time you post a picture of your house I literally swoon over your wood floors!!!


    Happy first day back at work! Hope it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You have no idea what we went through having those floors refinished! It was in 2007 and we literally had to move one side of the house to the other and back again. But 5 years later they still look amazing and it was well worth it!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely.
      One of the women I will be working with often is from Oz. I take it as a sign. ;)

      Delete
  8. Your hall is fabulous! have a great first day back at work:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way your hall looks. You chose a beautiful colour. It makes the black and white photo's stand out even more!

    Wish you good luck at work. Hope you had a happy first day!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the color too and yes, it really does make everything "pop" that much more!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.