Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Day


Day One started off without a hitch.
Having to wear black and white, I layered a white button up (JCrew Haberdashery) under a black 3/4 sleeve sweater (JCrew Tippi) with a slim cropped pant (JCrew Cafe Capri) and black patent platform pump. I threw the black and white printed infinity scarf over top and left it hanging longer instead of double wrapping it around my neck. 
I was in JCrew almost from head to toe and as a "going back to work" treat I bought myself the Tillary Tote in the tan leather.

come to mama.....

If you were on the fence about splurging on this bag, I cannot say enough about it. With my new job, I have a laptop and Blackberry to juggle as well as my personal iPhone. I opted for the tote because it will fit all these things I will have with me on any given day as well as double as my handbag. To say this bag is swoonworthy is an understatement.
I am not a huge fan of logo blaring bags and would prefer to have a high quality bag that is not screaming out loud who made it.
But that's just me.

Thank you all for your well wishes yesterday. I wish I had time for outfit pictures because this new venture has me truly "shopping the closet". I placed 1 order with JCrew for the Cafe Capri , the black Tippi, the black No.2 pencil skirt, the Tillary, the Minnie in black and 2 bangles. Adding the few basic black bottoms I desperately needed gives me a great starting point to build outfits with pieces I already own. I chose the Tillary in the tan because with all the black and white I will be wearing I wanted something different than a black bag. The tan color is timeless,goes with everything I own and adds a pop to my outfits.
Shall I start gushing over it again?

I feel a bit out of whack since I have no routine and a bit overwhelmed. My company car is a Prius and was delivered to my house unexpectedly last night. I'm not lying when I say it took me 40 minutes last night in the dark to figure out how to start it. (Had to consult the manual)  My husband thought it was hilarious that I couldn't start the car (there is no key!) and stood watching me from the windows this morning getting a chuckle at my expense. He said it looked like I didn't know how to drive, but aside from the nerves of operating a car that IS NOT MINE that requires you to put it in drive, step on the brake and push a button to start it...well, it's all a bit much.
sigh.


21 comments:

  1. Congrats on "surviving" your first day - though I bet you were fantastic! I can understand how overwhelming it probably felt though, but at least you looked fierce! And that tote, sigh, I adore it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but it didn't feel fantastic! At least I can laugh about it now!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new job. Don't worry, the routine will come, those things take time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i must say you look just like a model in the picture. how gorgeous for your first day!
    love your outfit and bag.
    funny about the prius but how awesome that they sent you a company car!
    more great days are ahead for you, i can just tell.
    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, you are too kind! But thank you anyway!
      Thank goodness for the car! I will be traveling NJ as well as NY almost daily...the commute is rough but not killing my own vehicle makes it less painful!

      Delete
  4. love the tote... hopefully your second day is even better!! congrats btw :)
    xo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted you had a good start! You look fab and the bag is gorgeous! Have a good week:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous picture! It sounds like after you got the car going, your work day came together quite nicely! Iove that tote. If I don't pick up a handbag in London, I'm splurging on this (if it's still in stock!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Pamela, you have to get it! It would be perfect for traveling to the UK!!!!

      Delete
  7. I've been eyeing up that J. Crew purse. Considering similar bags cost thousands of dollars, it is definitely worth the cost for such high quality. Good call with the tan over the black! Hope you enjoy your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bag is well worth it in my opinion and definitely much less than some other bags!

      Delete
  8. LOVE!!

    So cool that you get a company car that is nice to the environment. The outfit and purse are amazing and I cannot wait to see how you adjust back to working mom life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but ugh...I feel like a Mommy failure this week. Husband has slipped right back into his Mr.Mom mode while I am just worrying about myself for this first week!

      Delete
  9. You look great on the photo! Love the bag!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come to mama - love it. Might have to come to this Mama too. My bag is way too small and not deep enough. That pic of you is fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me twist arm...get the bag!!!! ;)

      Delete
  11. You look amazing! Love love love the bag too!!! Congrats on the new job. What a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.