Thursday, March 8, 2012

iPhone Life








Life is a whirlwind lately. 
I feel as if yesterday was Saturday but it will already be Saturday again in just two days? How could that be?

I'm still trying to find my groove in getting back to work. Figuring out my own systems and routines at home as well as in the workplace. My hours in the car are long as my responsibilities take me to different locations in New York and very metro parts of northernmost New Jersey every day. All far from what I now realize is actually my "quiet" seaside hamlet; otherwise known as home. I knew what I was signing up for in taking this job and the commute that comes with it and to be honest the time spent in the car has it's merits. The morning commute is a chance to plan my day and make any work related phone calls. The drive home is an hour or two of pure "downtime". Peace and quiet and the chance to be alone with my thoughts. It also affords me a chance to catch up with loved ones so that when I arrive home I can be present.
I would be lying however, if I didn't tell you that I am dying for daylight savings time. It was so warm yesterday and after spending a day setting up my office and doing desk work I had more energy than a hyperactive toddler. I was aching to get home and get outside for a walk, a bike ride, anything...but the traffic I hit put me half an hour later than I should have been and by that time it was dark. C'est la vie. 

The thought of outfit pictures is laughable right now and the only photos I have been taking are for Instagram. It's a crying shame because my closet dives are deep and many things that were almost forgotten have been seeing the light of day. Wearing all black or black and white takes more thought and consideration than one might think and has me stretching the limits of my wardrobe while maintaining my more frugal mind set. And it feels pretty darn good.

All in all, I can't complain. Life is great and I am truly blessed. Seeing the beauty of such a magnificent skyline on a regular basis is pretty darn cool. And there's something to be said about stand still traffic affording me the chance to capture that beauty and share it with all of you.

15 comments:

  1. Northeast Jersey, my part of the state :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has it's merits, but I am happy living "down the shore" ;)

      Delete
  2. what i love about this whole post eleanor is that you ended with such a genuine burst of gratitude. i love that so much. you do have so much to be grateful for, we all do. to see that gratitude and acknowledge it makes everything so much better. i even get something from it. it's a wonderful thing. thank you for sharing your part of the world with me. xo janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet, if only everyone in this world took a second to be grateful for even the most inconsequential things in their lives this world would be a better place.
      A girl can dream though, no?

      Delete
  3. I hope you are really enjoying the new job (did you ever talk about what exactly you are doing? did I miss that post? I'm dying of curiosity) I am actually highly considering a medium sized life change soon. In the opposite direction as you ;)
    And i completely get the alone time stuff.. I spend about 2 hours (it used to be 3) traveling to and from work and I love that time to read and listen to my music so I can relax. When I used to walk to work (back in college) it was so depressing to leave and be at work 15 minutes later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dm'd you the deets ;)
      I agree that the commuting time, when used properly, can be time to unwind and relax. My frustration comes from idiot drivers and wanting to get home (while it's still light out) and hitting traffic etc that make you late. Very unnerving!

      Delete
  4. Delighted you are enjoying the new job!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also really glad that you are enjoying your new job, Eleanor. I think it so wonderful that you have found the positive side to the commute you have to make each day, too. Did you ever find a pair of new black trousers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a pair of black cafe capris and a pair of black minnie's but I am in desperate need for a few more options. Once the weather warms more consistently and I can go bare legged I will start doing the pencil skirt thing and that will open up a whole new world for me!

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I look hideous in i phone shots - my face is hanging at my knees these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But you are such an incredibly gorgeous woman that I can hardly believe that to be true!

      Delete
  7. you look so pretty in all the pictures! love the one of you and your daughter!! beautiful girls!! I'm sorry to hear about you commute but happy to hear your enjoying your time back at work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I knew what I was signing up for with the commute and nothing is ever 100% perfect anyway! :)

      Delete
  8. You're getting your car started. lol I keep remembering your post about your 1st experience with it. I'm also glad to hear you're enjoying the drives. I don't have to drive every day, but when I do, I tend to have a good time at it. Why the heck not.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.