Friday, March 9, 2012

That Loving Feeling






There was so much I loved about yesterday.
I had a great day at work, I felt comfortable in this outfit, temperatures were in the 70's, and I arrived home while it was still light out. It was one of those days where the sun, moon and stars all seem to align into sheer bliss. I took full advantage of the daylight that remained and snapped these photos before heading out for a run. That 20 minutes of exercise gave me the most incredible burst of energy and while I am usually at my worst in the evening hours, I found myself being so proactive all while in the best mood ever! It may sound laughable, but getting a jump start on laundry before the weekend and having things like the coffee pot prepped and ready to go on when I wake in the morning go a long way in making a happy me.

There's a bit of love brewing in the air around here in general lately. Little girl has a sweet, 3rd grade version of romance blossoming at school right now and it's innocence can't help but put a smile on my face. In the beginning of the school year she was all about the tousled, blonde, popular boy in her class named Vito. Back in the fall when I had her parent/teacher conference, her teacher informed me that one of the boys in the class had a huge crush on her. Of course, I asked if it was Vito knowing that it would send my little darling straight over the moon.
She told me it wasn't Vito, but a sweet, quiet, brown haired boy in the class named Dan. His parents had informed her at their meeting that he couldn't stop talking about my daughter ~ he thought she was simply amazing. Her teacher swooned over how sweet he is to her and what a great boy he is. I think we both cocked our heads to one side at the same time and in unison let out a huge "Awwwwww!"
Of course I kept this all secret from my daughter, but over the months listened as she has begun talking about Dan more and more. "I think he likes me Mommy" she has mentioned again and again. When she's had a bad day I can rely that she will tell me how Dan did something very sweet to cheer her up. Just a few weeks ago she announced that Dan was her very best friend at school and how she now eats lunch with him and plays with him on the playground everyday.
As I drove home in the glorious sunlight yesterday, I listened as she chatted with me over the phone telling me all about her day. I asked how Dan was, and she told me how his friends wanted him to play football on the playground yesterday so he asked my daughter if she wouldn't mind him doing so. (cue another "Awww"!) She shared how she told him to go right ahead although inside she was so disappointed that she wouldn't get to play with him herself. 
"You like him don't you?" I asked.
She hesitated before bursting out, "Oh, Mommy I do! He's so sweet to me and so nice to me!"
"No more Vito then?"
"No. He's a jerk and stepped on my lunchbox on purpose yesterday."

I know a real live relationship is in her far off future, but I can't help but find this little crush adorable. And I want to cheer for the sweet and quiet boy who's kind ways and caring manners won her over.
It's always nice when the good guy wins isn't it?

blouse & cardi: express
cafe capri: jcrew
heels: bandolino
bracelets: jcrew & express
sunglasses: banana republic

8 comments:

  1. Okay my turn, AWWWWWWWWWWWWW ...... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't help but awwww right? :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. I love hearing about relationship with your daughter as I look down at my sweet one month old little girl. You two have such a wonderful connection and one I hope to have with my daughter. Enjoy your weekend and daylight savings!!! Woot woot! I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely tumultuous at times as we are both so strong willed but I wouldn't trade it for anything else! I know...daylight savings is like a dream come true!!!
      Happy Weekending!

      Delete
  3. Love this look on you....love the shoes and man oh man oh man that hair!!! pfffff
    Bisou Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest story ever. I hope the good guy ALWAYS wins with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.