Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fresh Produce

A while back I was contacted by the people at Fresh Produce, an online apparel company for women. They offered me an item of my choice in exchange for a review here on the blog. I had never heard of Fresh Produce, so I quickly navigated the website trying to find out all about them. I loved hearing that they have a female CEO, manufacture the majority of their clothing here in the USA,  and have been in business for almost 30 years. All truly impressive accomplishments! They ship to over 200 countries as well as selling through select retailers across the country in brick and mortar stores. I was excited when I saw that they have their own freestanding boutique in nearby Beach Haven, NJ. My sister in law's family has a beach house there and we have a beach "vacation" planned with them this summer! I will definitely be checking out the store while we are there.

It's no surprise that their clothing line screams "summer"...the colors are vibrant and fun, the styles so relaxed and easy. It strikes me as a one stop clothing destination for vacation clothes as well as the kind of boutique you stumble upon while away and can't help but buy yourself a few things.
So what did I pick?


I picked the gingham button up in pink!



We all know how much I love to layer, and I thought it would provide a great base for many warm weather outfits. Plus, gingham can be mixed with so many other prints that I knew it would provide limitless options for styling.
Unfortunately, picture taking for the blog has been pretty non existent lately, because after 2 hours commuting home I feel like a sloppy mess and the last thing I want to do is pose in my wrinkly, tired clothing.  (Besides the fact that I can only wear black and white)My weekends are so busy catching up on housework and errands that fitting in time to photograph my outfits is still a challenge. But I did wear it a few Saturdays ago and snapped this Instagram while running to the post office:


It was really warm out, so I threw a chevron printed scarf over it and just wore it with skinny jeans and flip flops. The fabric is like a seersucker so it is ideal for warmer temperatures. The fit was ideal too. Fitted enough to be flattering and not boxy, but roomy enough to provide a comfy, casual feel. The fabric is so soft and pliable which is critical to me in a casual button up. I foresee this top being a summer staple. Paired with shorts, a casual cotton skirt, crisp white chinos....I'm happy I picked such a versatile item!

Thanks to Fresh Produce for thinking of me! Your website and your store here in Beach Haven will now be regularly stalked!


6 comments:

  1. I like that the blouse looks really nice and lightweight for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a Fresh Produce skirt that I LOVED, but had to give it away when I lost weight and it was too big for me. It was really well-made and flattering! I had no idea they did such a wide range of clothing! The shirt looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I may have to take a little road trip in search of said boutique. I hope you had a relaxing weekend!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely! A great addition to any summer wardrobe:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gingham shirt was a great choice! And how cool that they have a store in Beach Haven...I'll have to visit next time I'm in LBI :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gingham shirt in pink color is really a cute one for me.Perfect women's apparel.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.