Friday, June 22, 2012

The Waiting Game

image from Pottery Barn

image from Pottery barn

As I was tidying up the house this morning, I was thinking about people who "wait" to do things that they say they want and desire.
"We'll get nice furniture when the kids are grown."
"I'll go on a nice vacation someday"
"Someday I'll......"
(I'm not referring to postponing due to financial restraints ~ I'm talking about the choice to put off)
What's with the waiting game?

I love to be surrounded by beautiful things and I want to enjoy and experience the desires of my heart for my whole life...not part of it.
Call me a naysayer, but what if tomorrow never comes?


Some tread water lightly, me? I'm impulsive.
Once I make up my mind about something, I just do it with 100% confidence that it is right.
I know that frustrates some people, as I seem to throw care to the wind and proceed without caution, but that's just who I am.
In the end, it all seems to always work out for the best anyway.
I'm sure there are people out there who could and would criticize me, but in my mind, I struggle to understand people who hem and haw and why people postpone things that could enhance their lives or bring them pleasure and satisfaction.

So which are you?
Are you impulsive and live in the minute, or do you proceed with caution and find yourself making "waiting lists"?

3 comments:

  1. I'm a person who weighs up the options and if it's right, I go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you!!! I do NOT hesitate and always jump in fast. So many times I say to my husband "so I was thinkging, someday we should.." and he'll laugh and say "so is this "someday" today or next week?" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the superlative contents on your blogs and I perfectly enjoy going through them.
    crystal trophies

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.