Thursday, December 13, 2012

Decking My Halls ~ The Tree






Am I the only one who thinks in themes and color palettes?

Every year I change things ever so slightly when the tree goes up, inspired by an item or a photo or an idea.
This year, the two cylindrical vases I bought at Target on clearance inspired me. Cream and gold with pops of red were are this year's color palette.

Last year was the first time I rearranged all the furniture in our formal living room so that the tree stood in front of our large picture window. It's a lot of work, but lends an excitement to the air as everything changes and the tree goes up.
And those moments that you get to just kick back and soak it all in make up for it getting dark so early, doesn't it?

5 comments:

  1. I totally think in color palettes for specific rooms and places. I am still finishing the living room in red because I have never tried RED before!


    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks lovely! I am still adding bits to mine:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that you have a formal living room! We just have one room - our dining/living/everything room. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is beautiful and your home looks lovely! I also love your vintage prints in your header bar.

    I have a red and gold color palette this year in the living room, with gold, cream and sparkle in the dining room.
    L

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.