Monday, December 24, 2012

Homemade Christmas Cards




This holiday season I thought it would be a great idea to deign and make my own Christmas cards.
I handmade the invitations to our annual Halloween party this year and they came out so great that I thought I would repeat the process for Christmas.
I ran into obstacle after obstacle, time being one of the biggest ones of all, and after a few meltdowns and lectures from my husband about biting off more than I can chew I completed them.
Of course they didn't hit the post office until Saturday morning, but I finished them without compromising the design I envisioned and the perfection I expected. What can I say? I'm stubborn.

Husband scolded me that I don't have time to do projects like this but these are the things I love to do that make the holidays extra merry for me. Even with the occasional meltdown and roaming the aisles of the arts and crafts store in a daze at 9pm trying to think up a backup plan. If I can't decorate, bake and craft then what's the point?

Do you ever overextend yourself to do something you enjoy that makes the holidays special?

Have a very, very Merry Christmas and I hope it's spent with all the ones that you love best.
xo,
Eleanor


3 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas my dear, dear friend. I hope it's filled with so much joy. I hope 2013 is the year we finally share that bottle of wine xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I even read the story about your cards- I thought..."How on Earth does she have time to make such amazing things??!!". You are one busy lady.

    They turned out beautifully and I am sure everyone will love them the most.

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards for Christmas. I want to design birthday Plastic cards at home. How simply i can do it?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.