Thursday, December 27, 2012

Homemade Gifting ~ Hot Cocoa



Every holiday season I usually send a parcel of cookies or some other baked treat to neighbors and friends.
Since my amount of "free time" was seriously condensed this year, I almost leapt for joy when I read about making homemade hot cocoa on Siri's blog.
She shared a recipe from Martha (who else would have a delicious homemade hot cocoa recipe?) and displayed it in a mason jar.
As if the sun, moon and stars then aligned, I saw another version on Pinterest that was paired with a shooter of Bailey's.
Genius!
The hot cocoa is simple to mix up and tastes delicious!
(We taste tested, naturally)
The only glitch in my plan was that almost every single liquor store on the NJ Shore was sold out of Bailey's so I had to settle for another brand of Creme de Menthe Liquour for some of them.
I purchased cute little tags from Target and wrote the "recipe" on the backside and our salutation on the front.
I always keep corsage bags on hand for gifts and a little festive baker's twine attached the tags perfectly.

Voila!

I have to admit it was a little thrilling to stray from the predictability of the cookie this year and surprise people with a delicious and practical homespun gift.

Do you share homemade gifts with your friends and neighbors?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely present Eleanor. I must admit that I seldom make presents myself nowadays. I simply can't find the time. Your friends and family must be delighted with your delicious gift!!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is very nice and beautiful andjmifx i got many tips ideas from your post thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift idea! Sounds very interesting for this hot cocoa!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.